“Is C-SPAN worthwhile?” asked a contributor to Wendy McElroy’s forum?.
Well, it’s not as messy as waterboarding and it doesn’t leave any marks.
And speaking of worthwhile efforts, Brad Spangler is looking for a few good dungeonmasters to help him “stand before the Balrog”. Kennedy, who identified the madness of sanctioning State torture three years ago, has volunteered to help.
I want to get waterboarded. In order to call attention to this heinous practice and make it the subject of broader public condemnation, I believe it needs to be shown to people. Iâ€™m volunteering in order for it to be so shown â€” online, as a video. These are the sort of dark times that demand a Gandalf to stand before the Balrog and shout â€œYou shall not pass!â€œ. Thatâ€™s not me, but I can take my best shot at it.
Hereâ€™s the planâ€¦
Iâ€™m asking for the following volunteers:
1) A lawyer to help us put together all of the appropriate waivers and confirm we can do this without government intervention.
2) A psychiatrist or other trained mental health professional to confirm for all interested parties that I am not acting on any self destructive impulse or urge to do myself harm. Iâ€™m not. This is a political statement.
3) A doctor or certified paramedic willing to stand by and administer treatment if it looks like things have gone to far.
4) A videographer to document it.
5) At least one trusted friend willing to help me â€” by torturing me.
I volunteer for # 5.
Who says we’re not team players? Who says we’re not willing to get down in the trenches and put our shoulders to the wheel for liberty?